We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. ~Buddha
We usually think about spring cleaning as being a physical process where we spruce up our living spaces, clear out unwanted or unneeded items and packing away winter accessories. Spring is also the perfect time to clean out old thoughts and beliefs that ae no longer of value. Spring cleaning your mind and thoughts can help you create a happy and healthier life.
Here are some tips to channel your mind and renew your thoughts to achieve your goals:
- Affirm- When unhappy thoughts surface, replace them with a simple affirmation such as “All is well.” Continue to replace negative thoughts or worry with positive ones. Even if you don’t believe it at first, continue to do it for what you do repeatedly becomes habit.
- Pray- Ask for divine help in ridding yourself of beliefs and thoughts that cause you to worry or feel fearful.
- Practice- Begin each day with thanks and gratitude. End each day with thanks and gratitude. Shift your thoughts from your disappointments to those things you are grateful for, write them down and read them throughout the day.
- Release- Don’t keep things in. Choose a person you trust and share your complaints, fears and doubts. And then let it go instead of repeating the negative story over and over.
- Disconnect- Unplug from the media. Negative stories impact your thoughts and mood. Don’t watch shows that are disturbing or negative and turn off the news. Surround yourself with positive messages.
- Connect- Build your relationships with friends and family and focus those conversations and activities on positive things.
So do some conscious spring cleaning for a happy and healthy life.