We spend more time planning a vacation then we do planning for a healthy lifestyle. It is May….have you stuck to your New Year’s resolutions? Are you ready to re-commit to a healthy eating and exercise plan?
Here are some tips to set you up and to keep motivated for a successful and healthy lifestyle:
- Buy some new gear. Well-fitting workout clothes are motivating.
- Pump up your playlist. Research shows that rocking out while you work out pushes you to exercise both harder and longer.
- Make more time for your healthy life. Farm out two or three routine tasks so you have time to work out or cook healthy meals.
- Vary your exercise routine. You are more likely to stick with exercise if you don’t get bored and you’re more likely to avoid a plateau if you change things up.
- Plan healthy meals using with a variety of foods. Use http://www.choosemyplate.gov/ to help plan balanced meals for long-term success.