Yes, I know that Christmas is just around the corner and that you have been busy planning and preparing. So I am thinking that some of the clutter might have reappeared in your day-to-day life.
Here are several easy and quick clutter cures that can calm the pre-holiday chaos right now:Take all the paper and items that have accumulated on your counter or table and sort and pile them into a container with a lid on it. File or put them away later, but just clearing the decks can reduce some of the stress.
- Pick up all the things that do not belong in your family room and put them where they do belong.
- Clean your purse or wallet. Place all holiday receipts in a marked envelope so they are available for any exchanges needed after the holiday.
- Collect all your notes on all the little pieces of paper and re-write on your master list (on one larger sheet of paper).
- Clear off your bedside tables and remove items that do not belong in your bedroom.
- Do the dishes and clean your sink so it sparkles.
- Do one load of laundry including drying and folding.
- Pick up all the things that do not belong in your entry way and put them where they do belong.
Just doing one or more of these quick fixes can restore some harmony into your life today. So pick one thing and do it now!