I have been doing some reading on how to connect with others.
Here are some tips that I have been using and you might find them useful too.
• Smile and make eye contact
• Use the person’s name
• Have open body language
• Don’t underestimate the value of good small talk
• Make the person feel special as soon as you can
• Ask questions
• Keep things positive
• Show that you’ve been listening
• Find common ground
• Pay someone a sincere compliment
• Be genuine
• Hope for the best and assume you will find it
It is amazing how connecting changes your interaction with others. Have you tried it yet?