This definition of create is in dictionary.com is:
verb (used with object), cre·at·ed, cre·at·ing.
1. to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes.
2. to evolve from one’s own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention.
3. Theater. to perform (a role) for the first time or in the first production of a play.
4. to make by investing with new rank or by designating; constitute; appoint.
5. to be the cause or occasion of; give rise to.
6. to cause to happen; bring about; arrange, as by intention or design.
verb (used without object), cre·at·ed, cre·at·ing.
7. to do something creative or constructive.
8. British. to make a fuss.
9. Archaic. created.
I get to spend one weekend a year at a scrapbooking retreat. This is my opportunity to create. This is were I craft in the form of a scrapbook to tell a story about my memories or special moments in time.
I so enjoy this time because it provides a space to use different skills and abilities…a time to be with art, crafting and others who inspire me to make pretty things. It also is an opportunity to spend girl time with some great women.
While I wouldn’t call my scrapbooking art, it is an activity that gives me joy. It also offers me a different way to look at things and often this break helps me to become unstuck in other areas of my life.
And during the year when I feel “empty” I do find that turning to a craft or scrapbook session helps to fill my well.
So, the reason I am sharing this is to encourage you consider creating to become unstuck, to fill your well or to try something that could help inspire you.
Here’s to creating…