According to www.dictionary.cambridge.com the definition of declutter is:
to remove things, you do not need from a place, in order to make it more pleasant and more useful:
I’m going to declutter before my family comes to visit. Declutter your kitchen worktops to give yourself more space to cook.
While the definition of organize according to www.thefreedictionary.com is:
1. a. To put in order; arrange in an orderly way: organized the papers into files; organized her thoughts before speaking.
b. To cause to have an orderly, functional, or coherent structure: organized the report around three main initiatives. See Synonyms at arrange.
c. To cause (oneself) to act or live in an orderly or planned way: has trouble in school because he can’t get organized.
2. a. To arrange or prepared for (an activity or event): organize a party; organize a strike.
b. To establish as an organization: organize a club. See Synonyms at establish.
3. a. To induce (employees) to form or join a labor union.
b. To induce the employees of (a business or industry) to form or join a union: organize a factory.
1. To develop into or assume an orderly, functional, or coherent structure.
2. To form or join an activist group, especially a labor union.
You can be organized and still have clutter. In order to truly be clutter free you need to remove items from your space. Are there things that you do not need? Are there things you are not using? Do you have things that you do not love? Do some of your things have negative feelings?
If you are organized, but still feel overwhelmed by your stuff or have clutter and chaos, ask yourself those questions and they may help you make decisions about your stuff.
If you need help creating harmony out of chaos, contact me for a free introductory coaching session.