As mentioned in my previous post, my Word for 2022 is “be”. Just being is difficult for me. I feel guilty when I take the time to be. I feel like I should be doing something. Yet I know that being is just what I need to do.
Being present can have many benefits including:
- Enjoying your current activity more.
- Feeling a greater sense of purpose
- Feeling a greater sense of connectedness to those around you
- Experiencing more joy in everyday life
- Improved creativity.
- Growth in appreciation
- Less worry and overthinking
Being present takes practice. But it is well worth it. Just focus on what is currently in front of you at this moment to take that first step.
“There is only one time that is important – NOW! It is the most important time because it is the only time that we have any power.” ~Leo Tolstoy