As you look to declutter and purge your items, it is also important to engage in developing a way to stay “organized” or to prevent the clutter from reemerging.
Here are some tips to help you avoid cluttering your space again.
- Make sure you have a place to store it before you buy it
- Don’t buy warehouse sizes if you don’t have the room
- Use multipurpose products
- Make a list before you shop
- Plan your wardrobe around two colors
- Schedule maintenance activities
- Employ consistent daily practices or a routine
- Don’t allow it in your house in the first place
A plan for not acquiring clutter and letting it in your house in the first place is the best insurance to avoid clutter.
Additionally, scheduling a weekly, monthly, and yearly routine for maintenance can make an enormous difference in corralling clutter and not allowing it to pile up. Hence my annual 40 Day Declutter Challenge.
Which one of these tips can you start using today?