When going through change, trusting in yourself can help you achieve success and limit anxiety.
Self-trust as a reliance on one’s own ability to handle life.
Self-trust is the mindset that ‘whatever comes my way, I will be able to handle it.’
Here are some tips to build trust in yourself:
• Set reasonable goals
• Be kind to yourself as you would to a friend
• Acknowledge your achievements
• Spend quiet time – just be
• Build on your strengths
• Forgive yourself of the past or mistakes
• Let go (of fear)
• Decide and move on
• Acknowledge that ‘when I am calm and relaxed, I make good decisions’
• Follow your heart/intuition
• Know your intentions
• Practice integrity
• Use positive self-talk
• Focus on attitude or “if you think you can…’
• Be willing to take risks
• Practice self-care
• Reward yourself
Trusting yourself is one of the most supportive things you can do for yourself. It can help build your confidence, allow others to trust you more, and make the process of decision-making much easier. To trust yourself, all you need is to make a little effort, create self-love, and find the ability to self-reflect and then step into the life you are dreaming of.