Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving. May we carry on that attitude of gratitude all yearlong.
Living with gratitude is a key component for achieving your vision. Gratitude is contagious. Being thankful for what we have creates a positive attitude and shifts us to the possible.
Incorporate these ideas in our daily practices to shift your mindset to one of gratitude:
• Watch your words
• Practice three good things
• Practice acts of kindness
An attitude of gratitude helps you feel more content because you focus more on the haves verses have nots and this helps set you up for success.
Maybe its time for a gratitude challenge?
An attitude of gratitude as previously mentioned can shift your perspective…even your whole life. So, I ask you to consider for the next month to try a keeping a daily gratitude journal. Need some inspiration? Start here.
1. What does gratitude mean?
2. How does gratitude make you feel?
3. What are you most grateful for?
4. What food are you thankful for?
5. What time of day are you grateful for?
6. What TV show are you thankful for?
7. How do you show someone you are thankful for them?
8. What flower are you thankful for?
9. What are you thankful for today?
10. How do you show a family member you are thankful for them?
11. What gift are you most grateful for?
12. How do you show gratitude for a friend?
13. What about your work/school are you thankful for?
14. When is it important to be grateful?
15. What teacher are you thankful for?
16. What pet are you thankful for?
17. What in your house are you grateful for?
18. What book are you grateful for?
19. What movie are you thankful for?
20. What holiday are you grateful for?
21. When was the last time you said thank you and why?
22. Why is being thankful important?
23. What location/space are you thankful for?
24. What scent are you thankful for?
25. What professions are you thankful for?
26. What sense are you grateful for?
27. What physical activity are you grateful for?
28. What month are you grateful for?
29. What skill are you grateful for?
30. What season are you grateful for?
31. What feeling or emotion are you grateful for?
Challenge yourself to look for opportunities to practice gratitude daily. Do it in small ways, in big ways, and even set reminders.
Here are some ideas to help you choose gratitude daily:
• Set the intention to be grateful every day
• Keep a gratitude journal
• Support yourself with positive and grateful people
• Begin the day with gratitude, make it part of your morning routine
• Share what you are grateful for with someone else
• End the day with gratitude, practice three good things
• Write a thank you note to someone
• Post images or photos of things that you are grateful for where you can see them
• Replace an ungrateful thought with a grateful one
• Feel your gratitude as you express it
Choose today to practice gratitude…it will change you.
Gratitude is thankfulness, its counting your blessings and it is noticing simple pleasures. Gratitude means living your life as if everything in it is a miracle. Gratitude shifts your focus from what your life lacks to the abundance that is already present. In addition, research has shown the significant improvements can result from practicing gratitude. Noting all we have and being thankful for those people and things in our life makes people happier and more resilient, strengthens relationships, reduces stress and improves overall health and well-being.
Using gratitude helps put things in perspective. Every difficulty carries within it a prospect of hope or optimism. From any difficulty there can be an equal or greater benefit.
In the face of an obstacle ask yourself:
“What can I learn from this situation?”
“How can I benefit from this challenge?”
And an attitude of gratitude can turn your stuff into enough if you have lots of stuff like many Americans. Do you have stuff that collects dust? Stuff that you have forgotten about? Stuff stuffed into your closet or drawers? Stuff you don’t use? And do you want even more stuff?
Being thankful or grateful with what you have can potentially make you want less stuff. Your stuff becomes enough. And you may even decide to let go of stuff.