Most times when we are attempting to change our habits, we approach it by giving something up. What if your approach was to create a new habit instead?
You can create new habits successfully by having a plan. Here are some tips for doing that:
- Know your goal or destination: make it a SMART goal.
- Write down what the goal means to you: identify the benefits of achieving the goal.
- Consistent practice yields results: set up triggers to remind yourself of your goal such a sticky note on your mirror or affirmations or an alarm on your phone.
- Acknowledge and take baby-steps: create small achievable action steps to move you toward your goal.
- Work you goal into your daily routine: calendarize action steps toward achieving your goal into your day.
- Be patient with yourself: work toward excellence and don’t expect perfection because you will then set yourself up for failure.
- Be accountable: evaluate progress, be honest, take responsibility for missteps and refocus from lessons learned.
By applying these tips, you can make your new habit really stick.
So, what goal have you decided on