Because the kitchen is one of the most used rooms in the house it is easy to understand why it attracts clutter.
I agree with a recent article in Woman’s Day magazine (April 1, 2010) by Melinda Dodd entitled Kitchen Confidential- secrets of a super-organized space that if you have a place for everything you can obtain a sense of order that will stick.
Here are five simple tips as outlined in the article that you can use:
1. Move big appliances that are rarely used to the basement or other storage area.
2. Take a couple of hours and pull the items out of the cabinets in order to purge and sort.
3. Only then shop for storage items that fit what you have left and think outside the box about function.
4. Set up stations or store it where you use it.
5. Once you have order celebrate your clean surfaces with a vase of fresh flowers.
Once everything has a place it is easier to keep clutter a bay.