As Independence Day quickly approaches, I wanted to share some thoughts about living a life of freedom and balance. Here are some essentials for leading a well-balanced life that flows:
- Hydrate your body with water. It quenches thirst and helps satisfy your appetite.
- Walk. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park further away in the lot, take a stroll after work to unwind and take extra steps whenever possible to increase your activity level and lower your stress level.
- Meditate. Jut 10 -20 minutes each day actively doing nothing will center you, calm your mind and help you stay focused. It also counteracts stress and increases inner peace.
- Practice a yoga pose or stretch.
- Give Thanks. Take time to notice and be grateful for what is going right in your world. Appreciating the little things will help you be more satisfied with your life in general.
Sometimes it is the simple things that we do on a daily basis that can lead to a well-balanced life. What have you been leaving out and what is the first thing you will put back into your life today?