American Heritage® Dictionary defines chaos as:
- A condition or place of great disorder or confusion.
- A disorderly mass; a jumble.
Too many things or possessions can create chaos and so can the unplanned life. Chaos comes in many forms, but unpredictability and confusion are the key factors in all its variables.
Answer these questions to see if you have entered a state of chaos:
- Do you ever feel as though one more problem or item on your “to do” list is going to send you over the edge?
- Have you ever had so many things going on in your head at once you could not decide where to begin so you did nothing?
- Are you gaining weight, losing sleep, feeling anxious about life?
- Is it impossible to begin working without spending several minutes clearing a space, hunting for the necessary tools or just moving to another space because of the clutter?
- Are you letting stress and disorganization reign?