Do you have a support system?
A support system is a network of people who provide an individual with practical or emotional support.
A healthy support system involves you being accountable to someone, fellowship with others who have similar issues, gaining knowledge/perspective and using another resource that can improve your resiliency.
Some ideas for building your support system are:
- Take up a sport or join a gym.
- Start a book club and join an already existing book club.
- Schedule times to regularly meet with your neighbors and co-workers.
- Join professional organizations and attend (virtual) meetings/events.
- Find a (virtual) support group.
- Use online resources such as a Facebook group.
Other things that you can do:
- Strengthen your coping skills.
A support system can help during tough times by reducing stress, providing a safe space for venting/conversations. Spending time with those in your support system can help reduce your anxiety and improve your mood.
If you want to work with a life coach for accountability, contact me.